CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents
This scholarship enables single parents to continue their education at a post-secondary level. Awards of $1,000 are given to eligible applicants in order to pay for tuition, books or other needs in the pursuit of higher education. The scholarship may renewed up to 4 times, or until educational goals are met, so long as the recipient remains in good academic standing.
- Funds are awarded to single parents who live in Henderson County, NC.
- Proof of acceptance into a college, technical school or accredited vocational program.
- Plan to enroll at a minimum of part-time student status (2+classes/semester).
- Submit your complete application to email@example.com:
- 2 letters of reference (from teachers, employers, community leaders). Scholarship committee members are not eligible to write letters of recommendation.
- a copy of your most recent tax return (or copies of 2 paystubs) and,
- proof of acceptance/enrollment in a post-secondary institution
Scholarship Renewal Process:
- Scholarships may be renewed on a yearly basis for recipients who are continuing their post-secondary education. Scholarships may be renewed for any one individual up to 4 times.
- Scholarship renewals are based on available funding and student academic standing.
- Another application must be submitted, with a copy of your most recent grades, and current course schedule.
- A renewal interview may be requested should the committee choose to re-interview the scholarship recipient.
Method of Payment:
- All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution or service providers, not to the student.
Are you interested in sponsoring a CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents recipient?
To submit your application or for more information please contact: Emily Balcken (828) 698-0674 ext. 143 or firstname.lastname@example.org