CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents
This scholarship enables single parents to continue their education at a post-secondary level. Awards of $1,000 are given to eligible applicants in order to pay for tuition, books or other needs in the pursuit of higher education. The scholarship may renewed up to 4 times, or until educational goals are met, so long as the recipient remains in good academic standing.
To Scholarship Eligibility:
- Funds are awarded to single parents who live in Henderson County, NC.
- Proof of acceptance into a college, technical school or accredited vocational program.
- Plan to enroll at a minimum of part-time student status (2+classes/semester).
- Submit complete application packet to “Children and Family Resource Center, Scholarship for Single Parents”. A complete packet includes:
- 2 letters of reference (from teachers, employers, community leaders). Scholarship committee members are not eligible to write letters of recommendation.
- a copy of your most recent tax return (or copies of 2 paystubs) and,
- proof of acceptance/enrollment in a post-secondary institution.
- If selected as a finalist, you will participate in a personal interview with the Scholarship Review Committee.
- If awarded, you agree to allow your photo, name and story to be used in electronic and printed materials to promote and raise additional funds for the CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents Fund.
- If awarded, you agree to keep the Scholarship Committee informed of any changes in, or completion of, your educational goals.
Scholarship Renewal Process:
- Scholarships may be renewed on a yearly basis for recipients who are continuing their post-secondary education. Scholarships may be renewed for any one individual up to 4 times.
- Scholarship renewals are based on available funding and student academic standing.
- Another application must be submitted, with a copy of your most recent grades, and an updated tax return.
- A renewal interview may be requested should the committee choose to re-interview the scholarship recipient.
Method of Payment:
- All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution or service providers, not to the student.
Are you interested in sponsoring a CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents recipient?
To submit your application or for more information please contact: Emily Balcken (828) 698-0674 ext. 143 email@example.com