The Adolescent Parenting Program
The Adolescent Parenting Program (APP) is for teens, 19 or younger, who are pregnant or parenting, and attending school or an equivalent program. APP serves moms, dads, and their children. Teen parents in APP get support in reaching their goals and access to the resources to do it. APP is open to parents and families of all shapes, sizes, beliefs, and identities. APP is judgement free, and open to parents and partners who are navigating the experience of teen parenting.
In APP We…
- Work with parents to grow, learn, experience, and prepare to be the best parents they can be
- Proactively plan to prevent a second pregnancy until parents are ready
- Learn how to survive high school…oh yeah, and graduate or complete a GED!
- Provide information and opportunities to get real job training, join the military, attend college or gain employment at a livable wage
- Help participants have a healthy, positive pregnancy and birth on their terms
- Learn parenting skills and strategies for caring for a child and themselves
- Provide one-on-one sessions with an APP Coordinator to assist with information and
resources specific to parents and their child
- Provide transportation to important appointments and APP events
- Hold monthly group meetings, fun field trips and social activities!
- Free diapers, wipes, and baby supplies are available for participants
- Build community and connections with other young parents
Meet our 2017-2018 APP Leadership Council (pictured below).
For more information,
Adolescent Parenting Program Coordinator
(828) 698-0674 ext. 155
The Adolescent Parenting Program is one of the projects of