Event Phone: 828-698-0674
November 7, 2018
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Presenter: Heather Erwin, Lead Early Childhood Program Consultant
This 20-hour course (2.0 CEU) will provide participating early care and education TA practitioners with a greater understanding of NC’s Conceptual Framework for the Development of Technical Assistance Practice. By the end of the course participants will be able to:
1. Recognize and discuss the role of a Technical Assistance Practitioner as a change agent using appropriate models and practices through culturally responsive strategies.
2. Facilitate quality implementation plans to create sustainable change in early childhood programs using assessment strategies and data collected.
3. Apply Technical Assistance approaches while developing relationships through effective communication strategies, while recognizing the cultural diversity of early childhood teachers, administrators, and programs, as well as the children and families they serve.
4. Understand, develop, and apply effective technical assistance process for the implementation of quality improvement plans and strategies that are culturally responsive for early childhood teachers and programs.
5. Create a culturally responsive professional development plan to provide self-assessment, reflection, growth, and leadership in partnering with early childhood teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders.
You must attend both sessions to receive credit- part 2 will be on November 14, 2018 8:30-4:00
Deadline to register October 31, 2018
Credit: 2.0 CEUs
Questions contact: Heather Erwin 828-698-0674 x 154
*Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the training event so there is ample time to complete the registration process and the training can begin promptly. Also, note that if you register for the training event and are unable to attend, you MUST contact CCR&R prior to the scheduled training event to cancel or you will be liable for the registration costs.