Investing in children benefits everyone.
With the gifts of time and treasure we receive from our committed donors, we continue to set the benchmark for achieving excellence, improving children’s lives through parent education, quality child care resources, and by being a leadership voice on children’s issues throughout the community.
Our focus is children and families who are disadvantaged and underserved, specifically children, low income families, single parents, those who are referred to us by DSS and other human service agencies, first time parents, and adolescent girls who are pregnant or parenting for the first time. Free developmental, vision and hearing screenings are provided for children ages 3 to 5 on site at licensed child care centers, family child care homes or at CFRC, by appointment. We also provide services to childcare providers & early childcare professionals, including services to help child care providers start child care programs that support the workforce of our community.
The average societal savings resulting from high-quality early education is astounding. The Perry Preschool Project returned an average of over $200,000 per child and the Chicago Child-Parent Centers returned over $80,000 per child. These savings are in large part because the average cost of a young child who grows up to drop out of high school, use drugs and become a career criminal is $2.5 million. Our programs are working to mitigate potential problems in a child’s life allowing them to dream of a brighter future.
For fifteen years, the Children & Family Resource Center has been providing the foundation necessary to build strong and healthy families in Henderson County. We are grateful you have made our organization and its clients a priority and we extend to you our most heartfelt gratitude.
Goods and Services Statement:
- Contributions are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
- Please consult your tax advisor about your deduction and retain this letter for your tax and filing purposes.
- We are a 501(c)(3) public charity. Our Federal Identification Number (Tax ID#) is: 56-2113878.
- Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license are available from the State Solicitation Licensing Section at (919) 807-2214 This license is not an endorsement by the State.
Donation Wish List:
- Baby gear:
- car seats (must be less than 5 years old)
- cribs (must be up to current safety standards)
- pack n plays, high chairs, baby baths, bouncy seats, strollers etc.
- Gently-used baby clothing (newborn to 24 months)
- Formula and baby-food (non-expired)
- Gently used books and toys
- adult clothing/maternity clothing
- household items
- expired or unsafe items
- items exposed to smoke