CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents
This scholarship enables parents to continue their education at a post-secondary level. Awards of $1,000 are given to eligible applicants in order to pay for tuition, books or other needs in the pursuit of higher education.
- Currently only accepting applications from single parents 21 and younger.
- Funds are awarded to single parents who live in Henderson County, NC.
- Have proof of your acceptance into college, technical school or accredited vocational program.
- Plan to enroll a minimum of part-time student status.
- If selected as a finalist, you will participate in a personal interview with the Scholarship Review Committee.
- If awarded, you agree to allow your photo, name and story to be used in electronic and printed materials to promote and raise additional funds for the CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents Fund.
Method of Payment:
- All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution or service providers, not to the student.
- Submit a completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Attach a copy of your acceptance notification from the school or vocational program you will attend.
- Attach a copy of your most recent tax return
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, employer or community leaders should be included.
Are you interested in sponsoring a CFRC Scholarship for Single Parents recipient?
Scholarship for Single Parents
Scholarship Committee Members:
Chair: Bart Salvaggio
Dr. Rob Wood
For more information, please contact: Emily Balcken APP Coordinator (828) 698-0674 ext. 143 firstname.lastname@example.org