CFRC Scholarship for Single Moms
This scholarship enables women to continue their education at a post-secondary level. Awards of $1,000 are given to eligible applicants in order to pay for tuition, books or other needs in the pursuit of higher education.
- Funds are awarded to single mothers who live in Henderson County, NC.
- Have proof of your acceptance into college, technical school or accredited vocational program.
- Plan to enroll a minimum of part-time student status.
- If selected as a finalist, you will participate in a personal interview with the Scholarship Review Committee.
- If awarded, you agree to allow your photo, name and story to be used in electronic and printed materials to promote and raise additional funds for the CFRC Scholarship for Single Moms Fund.
Method of Payment:
- All scholarship funds will be paid directly to the educational institution or service providers, not to the student.
- Submit a completed Scholarship Application Form.
- Attach a copy of your acceptance notification from the school or vocational program you will attend.
- Attach a copy of your most recent tax return
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, employer or community leaders should be included.
Are you interested in sponsoring a CFRC Scholarship for Single Moms recipient?
Scholarship Committee Members:
• Bill Woerner, Chair
• Joyce Beschta
• Linda Carter
• Betsy Darnall
• Tyra Kirby
• Don Nolan
• Bart Salvaggio
• Summer Stipe
• Susan Towe
• Dr. Rob Wood
For more information,
Family Education & Support Coordinator
(828) 698-0674 ext. 142