The Adolescent Parenting Program
The Adolescent Parenting Program (APP) is for teens, 19 or younger, who are pregnant or parenting, and attending school or an equivalent program. APP serves moms, dads, and their children. Teen parents in APP get support in reaching their goals and accessing the resources to do it.
Do you want to?
- Be an awesome parent.
- Prevent a second pregnancy until you’re ready to be a parent (again).
- Survive high school…oh yeah, and graduate or complete a GED while you’re at it!
- Go to college, get real job training, join the military, or gain employment at a livable wage.
- Have a healthy, positive pregnancy and birth.
- Learn parenting skills and strategies for caring for your baby and yourself.
What’s in it for you?
- One-on-one sessions with an APP Coordinator to assist with information and
resources specific to you and your baby.
- Transportation to important appointments and APP events.
- Monthly group meetings, fun field trips and social activities!
- Free diapers, wipes and baby supplies for tackling your goals.
- Building community and connections with other young parents.
Meet our 2017-2018 APP Leadership Council (pictured below).
Sound interesting to you or someone you know?
or download an APP Referral Form and fax to 828.698.5532
For more information,
Community Based Prevention Coordinator
(828) 698-0674 ext. 155
Adolescent Parenting Program Coordinator
(828) 698-0674 ext. 143
The Adolescent Parenting Program is one of the projects of
The program is also partially funded by United Way of Henderson County